Less uncertainty. More insight.
Osstell IDx is a quick, non-invasive system for determining implant stability and assessing the progression of osseointegration without jeopardising the healing process. It provides precise, consistent and objective data required for making well-informed decisions.
An overview of the benefits for you:
- Determine implant stability and degree of osseointegration
- Shorter treatment time and improved treatment of high-risk patients
- Results that are easy to interpret using an intuitive colour scheme based on the ISQ scale
- Efficient communication with patients and collaboration with colleagues
- Extract data, share files and analyse implant and treatment information using Osstell Connect
- Remote service and technical support
- Share patients on different IDxs
You have the know-how.
The demand for shorter treatment times and a growing number of patients with risk factors are posing ever greater challenges for dentists and the available technology. There is a growing need for evaluation of implant stability and osseointegration, which cannot be achieved using conventional methods such as torque and percussion tests. This calls for a more advanced diagnosis tool.
We give you the know-when.
Osstell helps you to quickly and easily determine which implants can be treated and which require additional healing time. This is the only objective quality assurance method that gives you ample warning if osseointegration has not progressed as expected, giving you and your patient greater certainty.
Results that are easy to interpret
The results of each implant measurement are displayed on a touch-screen display. You can easily assess implant stability prior to final restoration by comparing the value with the baseline value determined upon insertion of the implant.
The result is displayed as an ISQ* value from 1-100:
- Red circle: low stability, ISQ < 60
- Yellow circle: medium stability
- Green circle: high stability, ISQ > 70
* ISQ: Implant Stability Quotient
User-friendly access for more efficient collaboration
The patient data and results can be stored directly on the device for easy access. These data are also available in the IDx portal IDx Osstell Connect, which means that you can analyse implant and patient data and collaborate more effectively with your colleagues.
Improved communication with patients
Treatment plans can be clearly conveyed, with easy-to-understand graphics that show the development of the stability of each implant.
SmartPegs are small, precision-machined metal pins which are attached to the implant for measurements. They can be easily positioned and only take up a small amount of space in the patient’s mouth.
SmartPegs are intended for single use only and are also available for different implant systems.
The delivery includes
- a voucher for 5 SmartPegs in sterile packaging,
- a TestPeg for learning how it is used and a
- SmartPeg mount for securely mounting
What scientific advisers think of Osstell
- “ISQ is GPS for tooth implants”
Dr Marcus Dagnelid,
Certified Prosthetist, DDS
- “Osstell has become my personal guide for knowing exactly when to insert an implant, and I use it for every implant.”
Prof. Peter Moy,
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- “In our day-to-day work, we never measure the insertion torque to check implant stability – we prefer to use Osstell. For non-splinted crowns, the second ISQ value needs to be ≥ 70 so that we can begin with functional loading for prosthetic rehabilitation. For most patients, this means a healing period of four to eight weeks for planned early loading.”
Prof. Daniel Buser,
Professor and Chairman, Department for Oral Surgery and Stomatology, University of Bern
Over 800 articles are already available for research on Osstell and ISQ.
You can find the scientific database at hier
> Osstell IDx
> Measuring probe
> SmartPeg mount
> Charging cable
> Single-use products
> Delivered in sterile individual packets of 5 items each
Weight: 0.3 g